Wednesday, October 22, 2008

REPORTERS NOTEBOOK (Gettysburg Times: 10/25/08) - "The Sheetz Gas Card"

I was leaving a party several weekends ago, when the skies greeted my exit with a downpour.
Actually, it was more like a monsoon.
It was nearly impossible to walk through the parking lot to my car without getting drenched, even with an umbrella.
My date suggested that she’d wait at the party while I trek through the parking lot to find the vehicle. Naturally, I concurred, because you always have to follow a woman’s advice.
After walking what seemed like several miles, all uphill, through a hurricane and multiple lakes in the parking lot, I returned to find my date chatting with Mr. and Mrs. John Horner of Gettysburg. Appropriately, I offered to drive the Horner’s to their vehicle, so they wouldn’t get wet.
Not only did I enjoy their company, we somehow managed to solve all of the world’s problems in our 90 second drive to their vehicle.
Surprisingly, this week, I received a card in the mail from the Horners. Enclosed was a $25 gas card for Sheetz.
“Hopefully, you’ll find this gas card handy next time you need to fill up,” John wrote.
I’ll happily drive the Horners to their vehicle anytime I bump into them.
~ Scot Andrew Pitzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment