Wednesday, November 26, 2008

REPORTERS NOTEBOOK: 112908 - "What do we eat? What do we eat? Eagle meat! Eagle meat!"

I’ll never forget getting pulled over by police in Bermudian Springs along Route 15 back in 2003.
I was 25 minutes away from home, after traveling to and from Panama City Beach, Fla., for Spring Break 2003.
Altogether, the trip was 1800 miles — I got pulled over when I was 10 miles from home.
Unbelievable.
Police cited me for speeding, and the points just recently disappeared from my record.
I already wasn’t too fond of Bermudian, being an alum of Biglerville, and as you can imagine, that incident further soured my relationship with the York Springs community.
Yes, it was my fault for forgetting about the Route 15 speed trap. We all know about it, although motorists that do not live in our area are not privy to that exclusive Adams County information.
One of those poor suckers is my dear friend Kip Fedako. He was traveling with his wife from Philadelphia for a memorial service last Saturday, and was late to the church.
Why? Because he got pulled over along Route 15, in Bermudian Springs, in the same spot I did after spring break.
“Are those the same people who pulled you over when you were coming home from Spring Break?” Kip asked.
Yes.
“Well,” he said, “at least you beat Bermudian in football this year.”
Now that’s a true friend.
~ Scot A. Pitzer, Times Staff Reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment