Thursday, November 13, 2008

REPORTERS NOTEBOOK: 11/15/08 - "Football Tickets"

A good friend offered me tickets to Sunday night’s football game in Philadelphia between the visiting New York Giants and Eagles.
Upon further review, the tickets were actually passes to a skybox at the stadium.
With little hesitation, I accepted the tickets, and invited a Philadelphia-based lass to attend the game with me.
But alas, when I arrived in Philadelphia and picked up the stunning gal, I realized that I didn’t have any money to park near her apartment. She scrounged enough quarters to barely feed a meter that night and the next morning until the time expired.
We caught the train to the stadium and arrived two hours early, so we decided to venture up to the box. Unfortunately, we walked halfway around the stadium, and were unable to find our destination.
“Let’s get a drink,” my friend suggested.
I concurred.
We found a concession area, and I asked the waitress how much a Pepsi cost.
She replied: “Six-fifty, please.”
I looked in my wallet. Thirteen bucks. Total.
“We’ll take two!” my friend shouted, as we high fived each other.
Yeah, we’re big dorks. But the amusing part was that I was carrying the skybox passes in my spare hand, and the waitress spotted them.
“You can barely afford two sodas, but you have two box passes,” the waitress deadpanned. “How’d you get them?”
Quite frankly, it’s none of your business.
And no, she did not get a tip. I didn’t have money anyway.
~ Scot A. Pitzer, Times Staff Reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment