Sunday, February 13, 2005

Itunes Update

I've always liked the Sheryl Crow songs I've heard on the radio, so I decided to buy a couple of them. While looking over the selections on Itunes for Sheryl Crow songs, I discovered that she recorded (live) a cover of the Bob Dylan ramble "Tombstone Blues". As this is my favorite Dylan song, I decided to investigate further.

Sheryl covers "Tombstone Blues" in a style reminiscent of Dylans' original ramble. I bought the song and, although she cuts it short (she only performs half of the verses), it is still entertaining listening to an artist, one with a singing voice, performing a Dylan ramble. Kudos to Sheryl Crow! She moves up several notches in my estimation for having the cahones to sing "Tombstone Blues".

BTW - one other artist has a cover of "Tombstone Blues" on Itunes. The artist is Tim O'Brien and the tune is a country version.

No comments:

Post a Comment