Friday, August 31, 2007

On Preemption

An Englishman, a Frenchman and an American are captured by cannibals. The cannibal chief informs them that they will be cooked and eaten by the tribe, but each will be granted one last request.

The Englishman says, "I would like pen and paper so that I may write a letter of protest to Her Majesty's Government." The request is granted.

The Frenchman says, "I would like to make love to the most beautiful woman of your tribe." The request is granted.

The American says, "I would like you to gather all the men in the center of the village, and then I would like you to kick me in the seat of my pants in front of the entire group."

The chief grants the request, gathers all the men, leads the American to the center of the village and then kicks the American in the seat of his pants. Whereupon the American pulls out a submachine gun that he had hidden, and kills all the men of the cannibal tribe.

The Englishman and the Frenchman stop their activities and run to congratulate the American. "You have saved us! That's wonderful! But tell us, why didn't you use the submachine gun immediately?"

The American replied, "Until I was kicked in the seat of my pants, I did not feel I would be justified."

No comments:

Post a Comment