Thursday, May 07, 2009

REPORTERS NOTEBOOK: 050909 - "Bike Week Fund Update"

Everyone involved with the Scot Pitzer Bike Week Committee is pleased to announce that our fundraising drive for 2009 is off to a flying start.
I was getting my morning cup of coffee mid-week at Kennie’s Market in Gettysburg when a gorgeous senior citizen handed me $10.
“Ma’am,” I said, “that is very generous.”
She planted a smooch on my left cheek.
“Keep your mouth shut,” she said. Then she winked at me.
I am also pleased to announce that I have a new sponsor: Season’s Bakery on Chambersburg Street. We are placing a jar at the front counter.
As of mid-week, we have raised $143.83. That is truly an accomplishment, given these tough economic times.
If you can sponsor me, send your donation (made out to Adams Co. Arts Council) to Gettysburg Signs, 100-B Buford Ave, Gettysburg, 17325. Or just mail to the newsroom, or the Arts Council.
If I win, I get to ride with Jennifer LeVan during the Bike Week Parade of Chrome in 2009. (No cats allowed at the parade.) All proceeds benefit the Adams County Arts Council.
Honestly, even I have opened up my heart to these charitable causes.
Last weekend, for example, I donated the $40 that I won during a poker game to the Scot Pitzer Bike Week Fund.
My sister has even pledged to give me $5.
And I also donated the $1 check that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania mailed me as a tax rebate. Thank you, Gov. Rendell.
(Big Ed donated $20 million to the new GNMP Visitor Center. I expect nothing less. Only $19,999,999 more to go.)
I might be alright, though. We have enough support up in Bermudian Springs to carry us to victory.
~ Scot A. Pitzer, Times Staff Reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment